Robert D. Morton
|Biography||Courses Taught||Upcoming Classes|
Rob is an experienced IT Service Manager and Hardware Engineer with 35 years in IT service, 20 years in Service Management including 12 years in the Middle East. Rob has developed a deep technical understanding of a broad range of Storage and Computer products as well as a wide knowledge of the region, the multinational vendors and related business issues.
- Experienced IT service manager and hardware engineer - 20 years in service management and 35 years in IT service.
- Managed a multi-national team of 75 engineers across the Gulf region managing their training and workload, recruitment and training of technicians, contractual relationships with vendors, end-user satisfaction, logistics purchase and provision and internal help desk.
- Managed a professional services team of 6 engineers, offering implementation services to reseller partners, and professional and maintenance services to vendors and end-users.
- Managed service and vendor relationships with HDS, Symantec, NetApp, Quantum, SUN Microsystems, and EMC.
- 12 years experience working in the United Arab Emirates and surrounding Gulf countries as well as Pakistan and various countries in Africa.
Technical Areas of Expertise
- Disaster Recovery
- Data Center
- Cloud Computing
- Business continuity